Be You Eye Care Plan Terms & Conditions
1. Be You membership entitles you to receive all the benefits listed in the Be You information leaflet. This will normally include all the additional advice and care you need or want, within reason, to help maintain the health of your eyes.
2. Be You membership does not entitle you to any care related to contact lens wear, including contact lens related emergency appointments and contact lens reviews or fittings. This is covered in our Be Free contact lens membership plan.
3. Eye Examinations recalls will be scheduled in line with the recommendation from the optometrist. However, should you wish to be seen more frequently, all eye examination appointments will be included within reason.
4. Additional appointments will cover (but are not limited to): follow-up appointments, repeat visual fields appointments, emergency appointments, repeat scans and repeat intra ocular pressures. The plan will not cover contact lens (see above) or audiology appointments. Any new services that Bayfields introduces will be decided on a case by case basis and if they are included in this plan, Be You clients will be notified via email.
5. If your appointments are available on the NHS we reserve the right to claim back any fees from the NHS.
6. Glasses MOT includes ultrasonic cleaning of spectacles, tightening of screws, checking fit, replacement of nose pads (if applicable) and clean of spectacle lenses. Appointments can be pre-booked by calling practice or drop in and we will arrange an appointment for you.
7. We guarantee a same day telephone appointment with an optometrist. If the optometrist then needs to see you in person, we will offer you our first available appointment within 48 hours. This will be in your preferred practice wherever possible, but for days when we cannot accommodate this due to the practice being closed or not testing, we will offer you an appointment at a nearby practice. We cannot offer emergency appointments on Sundays.
8. Be You members can enjoy 10% discount on spectacles and sunglasses and this can be used in conjunction with other Bayfields offers, unless specifically stated in the offer T&C’s.
9. Be You members can enjoy Buy One Get One Half price offer at any time of the year
a. You’ll need to choose ZEISS or Synchrony lenses for both pairs of glasses
b. The lenses in both pairs must have the same prescription
c. The second pair must be ordered within 3 months of the first pair
d. You can still enjoy 10% off your first pair as well as 50% off your second pair
e. Your half-price glasses must be worth the same as, or less than, your first pair
f. You can choose any frames you like for your first pair, but unfortunately the second pair can’t be from the Cartier, Silhouette or Lindberg ranges
10. You must keep appointments made with Bayfields Opticians and pay any ‘missed appointment’ fee reasonably charged should you fail to do so.
11. You must pay the monthly fee of £7.99 to Bayfields Opticians to maintain your Be You membership. Your liability to pay the monthly membership fee continues until the contract is ended. No refund of the membership fee will be allowed except in the case of administrative error.
Alteration of monthly membership fee
12. The monthly Be You membership fee may be altered by Bayfields Opticians, but we will always give you at least 3 weeks’ notice of any increases. Where you are given notice of an alteration to the monthly membership fee, your Direct Debit payment will be changed at the end of the notice period unless you end the contract in the meantime.
Ending the contract
13. Be You membership has a minimum subscription period of 18 months. You may end your contract on expiry of the minimum subscription period, or 6 months after your last routine eye examination whichever the greater. You will first need to pay any outstanding sums due to Bayfields Opticians, and then give not less than 21 days’ notice expiring on the last day of a month. Bayfields Opticians may end your contract by giving you notice expiring on the last day of a month after two months.
Non-payment of membership fee
14. If the monthly fee is unpaid one month after it is due, we may end the contract immediately by giving you written notice to that effect, however you will still be liable for all sums outstanding to Bayfields Opticians.
Services outside the contract
15. Nothing in the contract prevents you and your optician agreeing that he or she will provide services outside your entitlement under the contract. You will be responsible for paying for such services.